Join the Lewisville Lake Symphony in their first Chamber Series concert of the season featuring Samantha Kantak (soprano), Michael Anthony McGee (baritone), and Imre Pátkai (piano). The concert will include works by Berlin, Cipullo, Grieg, Ropartz, and Sibelius.
Edvard Grieg, Sechs Lieder, Opus 48
2. Dereinst, Gedanke mein
3. Lauf der Welt
4. Die verschwiegene Nachtigall
5. Zur Rosenzeit
6. Ein Traum
1. Den första kyssen (op.37, no. 1)
2. Aus banger Brust (op. 50, no. 4)
3. Våren flyktar hastigt (op. 13, no. 4)
4. Flickan kom ifrån sin älsklings möte (op. 37, no. 5)
5. Svarta rosor (op. 36, no. 1)
6. Var det en dröm (op. 37, no. 4)
André Previn, Two Remembrances
1. A Love Song
Samuel Barber, Knoxville, Summer of 1915
Saturday, July 23 at 7:30PM: Greatest Hits!
SummerFest Orchestra with Special Guests:
Samantha Kantak, soprano
Scott Thornburg, trumpet
Special Appearance by Kristen Hertzenberg, vocalist
With something for everyone, this evening’s concert will be a crowd pleaser. Samantha Kantak will perform opera and operetta favorites by Dvorak and from Die Fledermaus, Barber of Seville and more. This year marks her first SummerFest appearance, coming off a recent debut with the Abilene Philharmonic Orchestra. She will be joined by Kristen Hertzenberg for a delightful duet. Scott Thornburg will dazzle with the popular Carnival of Venice for trumpet and orchestra. He has performed as a soloist and chamber musician around the world. Currently, he is a professor at Western Michigan University, and a member of the acclaimed Western Brass Quintet and the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra. These performances will make for an evening not to be missed!
Thursday, July 21 at 7:30PM: Broadway in McCall
SummerFest Orchestra with Kristen Hertzenberg, vocalist
Special Appearance by Samantha Kantak, soprano
Presented by Albertsons.
Soprano Kristen Hertzenberg will accompany the orchestra through a program of classic and modern Broadway favorites by Rodgers and Hammerstein, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Stephen Schwartz and more. In addition, she’ll be joined by soprano Samantha Kantak on a special duet.
A number of the SummerFest soloists and instrumentalists will entertain individually prior to joining the orchestra later in the week. Enjoy performances by these talented artists in a relaxed setting. Scheduled to perform are: Tim Fain; Kristen Hertzenberg andSamantha Kantak, accompanied on piano by David Itkin; the SummerFest Brass Quintet and Tom Robin Harris.
Join Chelsea Opera for a fully staged production of Puccini's Suor Angelica with chamber orchestra and a special segment of other Puccini compositions to round out the evening.
June 16 & 17, 2016
L'incoronazione di Poppea (SV 308, The Coronation of Poppaea) is an Italian opera by Claudio Monteverdi, with a libretto by Giovanni Francesco Busenello, first performed at the Teatro Santi Giovanni e Paulo in Venice during the 1643 carnival season. One of the first operas to use historical events and people, it describes how Poppea, mistress of the Roman emperor Nero, is able to achieve her ambition and be crowned empress. Performed with the UNT Baroque Orchestra under the direction of Paul Leenhouts, Conductor, and David Ward, Stage Director.
April 8 & 10, 2016
Role: Donna Elvira
UNT Opera presents Mozart's Don Giovanni, a two-act opera based on tale of the legendary libertine Don Juan. The production is directed by Visiting Opera Stage Director David Ward and conducted by UNT Opera Music Director Stephen Dubberly.
November 6 & 15, 2015
The UNT Symphony Orchestra performs in concert with the fall 2014 College of Music Concerto Competition winners. UNT Symphony Orchestra conductor David Itkin will direct the orchestra along with six graduate student conductors.
The program includes:
- Stravinsky's No Word from Tom from The Rake's Progress, Samantha Kantak and Yuya Miyazaki
- Tomasi's Saxophone Concerto, second movement, Po-Hsuan Chen and Dami Baek
- Tchaikovsky's Rococo Variations, Chengyin Lu and Kevin Pearce
- York Bowen's Viola Concerto, first movement, Josip Kvetek and Hyeyoun Jang
- Chris Brubeck's Concerto for Bass Trombone, third movement, Kenny Davis and Conner McMains
- Frank Proto's Carmen Fantasy, Aaron Olguin and Dami Baek
- Rodrigo's Concierto Pastoral, second movement, Hannah Leffler and Kevin Pearce
- Donizetti's Regnava nel Silenzio from Lucia di Lammermoor, Jennifer Youngs and David Itkin
- Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 3, first movement, Nathan Ryland and Robert Bott
UNT Opera presents Les contes d'Hoffmann (The Tales of Hoffmann). Guest directed by John de los Santos, conducted by UNT Opera Music Director Stephen Dubberly, and featuring tenor and Visiting Assistant Professor of Voice William Joyner.
March 6 & 8, 2015